Google
 

Friday, January 4, 2008

I think you should get a car!

I was enjoying a day’s off today with the company of a good friend. As both of us don’t drive, we decided to travel around via public transport. To our surprise, the public buses were packed with passengers, even at off peak hours. My friend started to grumble about the bus being uncomfortably overcrowded with passengers, such heavy traffic, pathetic and simply a waste of time…frustration soon took over. I thought to myself, is it time to get a car?

Honestly, I've never thought of getting a car, and never did I know that purchasing a car in Singapore is not as easy as it seems for a first time car owner. The list of things to consider started to pop up in my mind - which is the most suitable type of car for me, will it be able to satisfy the needs of myself and my family, is this the best time to purchase a car, road tax and parking expenses on top of ever rising petrol prices will public transport be a better choice, will I be able to secure a car loan at favorable interest rates and repayment terms? The list goes on…

My good old friend, seeing me deep in thoughts, flashed a curious look, imploring a penny of my thoughts. I looked at him and said in an airy tone, “I think you should get a car!”

3 comments:

Ding Dang said...

bro you are the one who should go learn driving and drive a car!!!

Simple said...

Getting a car is easy. Maintaining one is expensive and tough.

ceneple said...

true, at least 1k of maintanence fees - and this is only if you just drive back and forth to work and some occasional drives around the neighbourhood to get groceries ! urgh!!! and then now you have ERP !